TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa track teams opened their season on Saturday at the Embry-Riddle First Chance Meet.
- In the 5,000, Joe Weber turned in a seventh-place finish at 16:23.35.
- UT's Brice Easton turned in a top-10 finish at number-10 in the 1,500 at 4:17.61.
- Ethan Arias was ninth in the 100 with a time of 11.42. He was also ninth in the 200 at 22.64.
- Ryan Poholek won the 800 with a new school record time of 1:53. Dalton Morley was second at 1:53.40 while James Dooley placed ninth with a time of 1:58.83.
- In the 400 Hurdles, Evan Ambrose placed fifth after finishing in 1:02.75.
- The 4x400 had a third-place UT time of 3:31.16.
- Cassie Highsmith won the 5,000 with a time of 19:02.05.
- The Spartans were led by Corinne Fanta in the 1,500 with a time of 5:00.29.
- Mia Yancy led a group of three Spartans who finished in the top-five in the 400. She was second at 1:03.10. China Cordier was third at 1:04.44. Kacie Lonsdale was fifth with a time of 1:05.85.
- Lindsey Marzo ran the 800 in 2:26.95, finishing second overall. Fanta was fifth while Sarah Flook was 10th.
- Kei Riley won the 400 at 1:09.47.
- Zoe Jarvis was second at 10:21.16 in the 3,000. Sydney Rhodes, Brooke Santiesteban and Monika Brill finished fourth, fifth and sixth respectively.
- The Spartans finished second in the 4x400 with a time of 4:21.07.
Tampa is back in action on Friday, March 14 in Charlotte, N.C., at the 49er Classic.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.Several highlights in first event.