TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa track team was in action at the USF Bulls Invitational on Friday and Saturday at the USF Track.
- Joe Weber was fifth in the 5K with a time of 15:35.36. Also finishing in the top-20 were Sam Schaeffer at 12th and Brendan Twiggs at 18th.
- Finishing fifth in the 1,500 was Ryan Poholek with a time of 4:00.22. James Dooley finished 10th overall.
- Dalton Morley was ninth in the 400 Dash after being timed at 50.07. Austin James was 16th while Thomas Curran finished 19th overall.
- The 1,600 Relay team of Evan Ambrose, James, Poholek and Morley was ninth at 3:28.03.
- Zoe Jarvis finished second in the 1,500 as she completed the race in a time of 4:42.70. Julia Lockridge was eighth overall as Corinne Fanta (11th), Lexi Bible (13th), Madison Mimnaugh (14th) and Lindsey Marzo (17th) also were in the top-20 finishers.
- Mia Yancy was 18th overall with a time of 1:01.27 in the 400 Meter Dash.
- The 800 was led by Lockridge as the Spartan was sixth at 2:20.51. Bible was 11th as Mimnaugh was 14th and Sarah Flook was 19th.
- UT had an eighth-place effort from Kei Riley in the 400 Hurdles with a time of 1:11.13.
- Brooke Santiesteban was second in the 3,000 Steeplechase at 11:50.21.
- The 1,600 Relay team of Yancy, China Cordier, Riley and Kacie Lonsdale finished seventh overall with a time of 4:25.
The Spartans return to action on Thursday and Friday as they will have runners at both the Pepsi Relays in Gainesville and the Raleigh Relays at NC State.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.Several highlights in first event.