JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The University of Tampa men's and women's track team sent runners to the University of North Florida Invitational, achieving more personal bests.
- In the 1,500, James Dooley paced Ut with a ninth-place finish of 4:10.59. Brice Easton was 10th with a time of 4:11.31.
- Finishing in the top-10 in the 400 Hurdles was Evan Ambrose after being clocked at 1:00.12.
- Ryan Poholek was seventh in the 1,500 at 3:56.45. Dalton Morley finished in eighth place with a time of 3:56.51.
- Trevor Kattenberg and Tyler Roberts finished 1-2 in the 5,000 with times of 15:15.18 and 15:19.94. Sean Popik was in the top-10 at 10th.
- Madison Mimnaugh took first in the 1,500, finishing with a personal best time of 4:49.41. Teammate Julia Lockridge finished fifth at 4:52.94 as Corinne Fanta was also in the top 10 at seventh (4:54.53).
- The 800 Meter race included a 10th-place finish of 2:17.57 by Lexi Bible. The time also marked a personal best for the UT junior.
- Zoe Jarvis ran a 4:47.85 in the 1,500 to finish 4:47.85.
Tampa travels to the Georgia Tech Invite in Atlanta and the South Florida Collegiate on April 19-20.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.Several highlights in first event.