ATLANTA, Ga. - The University of Tampa men's and women's track teams were both in action at a pair of events over the weekend, including the Georgia Tech Invite and the South Florida Collegiate at USF.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Georgia Tech Intercollegiate Location: George C. Griffin Track | Atlanta, Ga.
South Florida Collegiate Location: USF Track Complex | Tampa, Fla.
Host Institutions: Georgia Tech | University of South Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
Georgia Tech Invitational
- The men's 800 was led by Dalton Morley's time of 1:52.63, which was good for seventh place. Ryan Poholek followed in 11th place at 1:53.70.
- James Dooley was the top UT runner in the 1,500 as his time of 4:06.21 placed him 29th.
- Trevor Kattenberg set a new school record in the 5K, running the event in 14:56.84 to finish in 13th place.
- Julia Lockridge was the top Spartan in the 800, finishing with a 26th-place time of 2:23.11. Lexi Bible was also in the top-30 at 27 with a showing of 2:23.11.
- In the 1,500, Lockridge was 19th overall at 4:48.76.
- Zoe Jarvis ran the 5K, placing 35th with a time of 18:15.32.
South Florida Collegiate
- In the men's 100 Meter Dash, Brendan Kafka was 10th with a time of 11.64.
- Freshman Austin James was 14th in the 200 Meter Dash with a time of 23.99. James was also 15th in the 400 at 53.23.
- Evan Ambrose was sixth in the men's 400 Meter Hurdles with a showing of 59.26.
- The men's 5,000 included an eighth-place finish of 16:06.43 from UT's Brice Easton.
- Kei Riley competed in the javelin throw, finishing eighth at 26.43 meters. Riley was also the top Spartan with an 11th-place finish of 28.83 in the 200 Dash. She was also fifth in the 400 Meter Hurdles after being clocked at 1:14.12.
- Kacie Lonsdale won the 100 Meter Dash with a time of 12.47.
- The top UT runner in the 400 Meter Dash was China Cordier with a sixth-place time of 1:04.06.
- The women's 4x400 Meter Relay team of Mia Yancy, Riley, Cordier and Brianna Bush finished third at 4:28.81.
- Corinne Fanta was 11th in the 800 at 2:28.67. She would also lead all Spartans with a third-place finish of 4:52.21 in the 1,500.
Tampa heads to Gainesville on Friday for the Tom Jones Memorial. This marks the final regular-season meet for the Spartans.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.tampaspartans.com.