rillGAINESVILLE, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team ran at the Mountain Dew Invitational, finishing seventh overall and first among NCAA Division II teams at the Mountain Dew Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 7th (1st), 228 points
Overall Champion: University of Florida, 88 points
Top Division II Team: Tampa, 228 points
Location: UF Golf Course | Gainesville, Fla.
Host Institution: University of Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Zoe Jarvis | 10th overall, 18:21.0
• Sydney Rhodes | 40th overall, 19:02.8
• Monika Brill | 47th overall, 19:10.3
• Brieanna Rekow | 66th overall, 19:30.1
• Lexi Bible | 74th overall, 19:37.0
• Jarvis was the top UT finisher for the second time this season. She was also the top Sunshine State Conference runner in the race.
• Rhodes was second among UT runners after being fourth in the season opener.
• A total of 32 teams competed in the race.
• In addition to Tampa, other Sunshine State Conference schools included Embry-Riddle (8), Saint Leo (12), Florida Tech (13) and Palm Beach Atlantic (21).
• Tampa entered a total of 12 runners.
Tampa heads to Charlotte, N.C., to run in the Queens Invitational on October 6.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.