TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team ran at the University of South Florida on Friday, participating in their final regular-season contest.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: No Team Scoring
Overall Champion: N/A
Location: The Claw | Tampa, Fla.
Host Institution: University of South Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Zoe Jarvis | 6th overall, 18:48.1
• Clare McMahon | 22nd overall, 19:30.2
• Kayla Sullivan | 38th overall, 19:57.7
• Sydney Rhodes | 39th overall, 19:57.9
• Monika Brill | 40th | 19:58.3
• Jarvis finished first among all Spartans for the fifth race this season. The freshman has been Tampa's top runner in every race.
• Brill and Rhodes have joined Jarvis in the top-five in each of Tampa's five races.
• A total of 15 teams competed in the race.
• Tampa was joined by fellow Sunshine State Conference opponent Saint Leo University.
• Also running for the Spartans were Margo Dailey, Vera Rae Swardstrom, Sara Curran, Gabriella Orlando, Julia Lockridge, Shannon Earley, Ryleigh Donegan, Corinne Fanta, Lexi Bible, Brieanna Rekow, Eliana Ochoa, Lexi Grigg, Val Ervin and Sophia Kachulis.
Tampa will set its sights on the 2017 Sunshine State Conference Championships, which will take place on October 21 in Boca Raton, Fla.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.