MELBOURNE, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team followed up a first-place finish at the Valdosta State Invitational with a first-place effort at the 2018 Florida Tech Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 1st
Overall Champion: Tampa
Location: Wickham Park | Melbourne, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Tech
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Zoe Jarvis | 1st overall, 18:42.38
• Shannon Sweeney | 2nd overall, 18:51.06
• Lexi Bible | 3rd overall, 19:04.05
• Julia Lockridge | 4th overall, 19:05.39
• Monika Brill | 5th overall, 19:08.09
- This marks the second-straight individual championship for Jarvis, who was the top finisher at last week's Valdosta State Border Clash.
- Sweeney finished second overall for the second consecutive week.
- Tampa had 10 runners finish in the top 11.
- Sydney Rhodes (6th), Brieanna Rekow (7th), Cassie Highsmith (8th) and Gabriella Orlando (10th) each finished in the top-10.
- A total of eight teams competed.
- UT and host Florida Tech were joined by fellow Sunshine State Conference opponents Lynn, Nova Southeastern, Palm Beach Atlantic and Rollins.
- Tampa entered a total of 13 runners in the women's race.
Tampa will travel to the University of Florida to compete in the Mountain Dew Invitational on Saturday, September 22.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.