LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team sent its B team to the Florida Runners Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 2nd, 38 points
Overall Champion: Florida Atlantic, 35 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Runners
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Cassie Highsmith | 1st overall, 20:01.40
• Gabriella Orlando | 3rd overall, 20:15.40
• Corinne Fanta | 5th overall, 20:33.37
• Brieanna Rekow | 14th overall, 21:20.24
• Sara Curran | 15th overall, 21:23.01
- The first-place finish for Highsmith marked the first of her collegiate career for the freshman.
- The top-10 finishes for Orlando and Fanta were the first of their college careers.
- A total of seven teams competed.
- Among the Sunshine State Conference schools competing were UT and Rollins College (7th).
- Tampa entered a total of six runners in the women's race as Lexi Grigg was 17th overall.
Tampa heads to Romeoville, Ill., for the Conference Crossover Invite at Lewis University on Saturday, October 6.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.