TAMPA, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team finished third overall with its B team at the South Florida Invitational.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 3rd place, 75 points
Overall Champion: Florida International, 45 points
Non-D1 Champion: Saint Leo, 46 points
Location: The Claw: USF Golf Course | Tampa, Fla.
Host Institution: University of South Florida
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Cassie Highsmith | 6th overall, 19:33.37
• Corinne Fanta | 8th overall, 19:47.94
• Gabriella Orlando | 9th overall, 19:50.35
• Lexi Grigg | 24th overall, 20:45.87
• Lindsey Marzo | 33rd overall, 21:24.97
- Highsmith led UT for the second time of her freshman season.
- A total of 20 teams competed, including 10 Division I and 10 non-Division I schools.
- Among the Sunshine State Conference schools competing were UT, Saint Leo, Embry-Riddle (2nd) and Florida Tech (7th).
- Tampa entered a total of five runners.
Tampa travels to Pittsburg, Pa., the Pre-Nationals on Saturday, October 20 at 11:30 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.