PITTSBURGH – The University of Tampa women's cross country concluded its regular-season with a sixth-place effort at the Rock Pre-Nationals race, which is a precursor to the 2018 NCAA Division II National Championships at the same location.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 6th place, 180 points
Overall Champion: Colorado Mines, 37 points
Location: Schenley Park | Pittsburgh, Pa.
Host Institution: Slippery Rock University
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Zoe Jarvis | 10th overall, 23:04
• Shannon Sweeney | 34th overall, 23:42
• Brieanna Rekow | 37th overall, 23:52
• Sydney Rhodes | 39th overall, 23:55
• Lexi Bible | 60th overall, 24:12
- The duo of Jarvis and Sweeney finished 1-2 for the fifth time this season.
- A total of 30 schools competed in the women's race.
- Joining the Spartans among Sunshine State Conference schools was Palm Beach Atlantic (28th).
- Also running for UT was Julia Lockridge (67th, 24:23) and Cassie Highsmith (93rd, 24:59).
Tampa now turns its focus on the postseason for the 2018 Sunshine State Conference Championships on Saturday, November 3. Embry-Riddle will host the race at its soccer stadium with the women's event set to start at 8:45 a.m.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.