DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team captured its first Sunshine State Conference Championship since 2015 and 14th in program history as it won the 2018 race.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 1st place, 53 points
Overall Champion: Tampa, 53 points
Location: Embry-Riddle Cross Country Course | Daytona Beach, Fla.
Host Institution: Rollins College
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Shannon Sweeney | 5th overall, 22:20.34
• Zoe Jarvis | 6th overall, 22:45.10
• Lexi Bible | 13th overall, 23:08.80
• Sydney Rhodes | 14th overall, 23:09.90
• Corinne Fanta | 15th overall, 23:10.49
- Sweeney was the top Spartan runner for the first time in 2018 after finishing second behind Jarvis in five races.
- The duo of Sweeney and Jarvis finished 1-2 for the sixth time this season.
- A total of nine schools competed in the women's race.
- Also running for UT was Julia Lockridge (16th, 23:11.66), Brieanna Rekow (18th, 23:17.80), Gabriella Orlando (25th, 23:36.35) and Cassie Highsmith (27th, 23:37.25).
Tampa will compete at the 2018 NCAA South Regional on Saturday, November 17. The women's race will start at 8 a.m., at Holloway Park in Lakeland, Fla.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.