LAKELAND, Fla. – The University of Tampa women's cross country team raced to a seventh-place finish at the 2018 NCAA South Regional.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
UT Finish: 7th place, 141 points
Overall Champion: Embry-Riddle, 78 points
Location: Holloway Park | Lakeland, Fla.
Host Institution: Florida Southern College
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
TOP SPARTAN PERFORMERS:
• Zoe Jarvis | 5th overall, 22:00.55
• Sydney Rhodes | 18th overall, 22:41.23
• Julia Lockridge | 29th overall, 23:06.12
• Brieanna Rekow | 37th overall, 23:28.78
• Lexi Bible | 57th overall, 23:58.63
- For the sixth time in seven days, Jarvis was the fastest Spartan.
- A new personal record for Jarvis qualifies her for the 2018 NCAA Division II Championships in Pittsburgh on Saturday, December 1.
- A total of 19 teams competed.
- Also competing for Tampa was Corinne Fanta (63rd) and Shannon Sweeney (64th).
- Union and Lee also advance to the NCAA Nationals in Pittsburgh as the top three teams all move on.
This completes the 2018 season for the team as Jarvis moves on to nationals. Please visit TampaSpartans.com for complete information on UT men's cross country.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.
RECEIVE TEXT AND EMAIL ALERTS:
UT also offers free messaging service for text and/or email, which sends alerts and press releases for Spartan teams. To sign up, please register at www.TampaSpartans.com.