TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa baseball team won their series opener over the Florida Tech Panthers by a final score of 6-0 .
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #2 Tampa 6, Florida Tech 0
Records: Tampa (7-2), Florida Tech (4-6)
Location: UT Baseball Field | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa leads the all-time series record over the Panthers at 9-1.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Spartans scored first off an RBI single from Darren Miller, allowing Stephen Smith to score.
- Florida Tech were unable to answer with any runs of their own. The Spartans furthered their lead in the bottom of the third adding two more runs. Harrison Bragg grounded out to third allowing Smith to score. Miller scored off an RBI single from Danny Sirven.
- In the bottom of the fourth, Nick DeTringo scored off an RBI single from Cole Perry. Drew Ehrhard helped push Perry home off another RBI single.
- Spartans beat the Panters 6-0.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Lebron improves his record to 2-0 on the season.
- Pitchers tally a combined 15 strikeouts.
- Smith, Miller, DeTringo, and Perry all went 2-4.
- Smith led the Spartans with two runs.
Tampa returns to action on Saturday, February 23rd, at 1:00PM for a double-header against the Florida Tech Panthers.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.