TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa baseball team.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: (Game 2) #10 Tampa 3, #16 Saint Leo 0; (Game 3) #10 Tampa 6, #16 Saint Leo 0
Records: Tampa (19-5, 8-1 SSC), Saint Leo (19-5, 6-3 SSC)
Location: UT Baseball Field | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa leads the all-time series record over the Lions 126-43.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED IN GAME 2:
- The Spartans were the first to score in the bottom of the first inning. It started with Drew Ehrhard being walked to get on base, then stealing second base. Connor Crile came up to the plate and singled through the right side, advancing to second on a throwing error and scoring Ehrhard.
- Tampa scored again in the bottom of the third after Ehrhard reached on a throwing error by Saint Leo's third baseman. Connor Crile came up to bat and singled to left field to move Ehrhard to third base. Danny Sirven then hit a sacrifice fly to right field that would bring Ehrhard across the bag, giving the Spartans a 2-0 lead.
- Harrison Bragg came up to the plate in the bottom of the sixth and homered to left field, making the score 3-0 heading into the top of the seventh.
- The Lions were unable to close in on the Spartans lead as Tampa went on to win 3-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED IN GAME 3:
- Stephen Smith registered the first hit of the game with a single through the left side then stole second base. Connor Crile was walked to get on first base. Danny Sirven then singled to to right field advancing Crile to third base and scoring Smith to put the Spartans first run up on the board. Harrison Bragg singled up the middle to get on base, advancing Sirven to second base and scoring Crile. Nick DeTringo doubled to right center scoring Bragg and Sirven giving Tampa a 4-0 lead.
- The Spartans scored again in the bottom of the seventh when Drew Ehrhard hit a home run to left field. Crile came up to bat next and doubled down the left field line. Sirven then singled to right center, scoring Crile and making the score 6-0.
- The Spartans went on to win 6-0.
- This is the first SSC double header shut out since 2005 against Lynn University.
INSIDE THE STATS OF GAME 2:
- Crile, Bragg, and DeTringo each registered two hits.
- Bragg recorded his eighth homerun of the year.
INSIDE THE STATS OF GAME 3:
- Bragg and Sirven collected two hits each.
- DeTringo and Sirven registered two RBIs each.
Tampa returns to action on Tuesday, March 20th, at 5:00PM as they travel to Valdosta State to take on the Blazers.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.