TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa baseball team dropped the series to the University of Southern Indiana Eagles after a 6-3 loss in game three.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #2 Tampa 3, Southern Indiana 6
Records: Tampa (32-7), Southern Indiana (21-17)
Location: USI Baseball Field | Evansville, Ind.
All-time Series: Tampa is tied in the all-time series with the Eagles 6-6.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Nick DeTringo started out the game in the top of the first with a double to left field. Drew Ehrhard then singled to center field, moving DeTringo to third base. Darren Miller then grounded out to second base and DeTringo scored.
- The Eagles retaliated in the bottom of the first with a run of their own, tying the game.
- The Spartans took the lead in the top of the third when they picked up one run.
- The top of the fourth started with DeTringo being walked to get on base. DeTringo then advanced to second base on a wild pitch. Ehrhard then came up to the plate and doubled to left center, scoring DeTringo.
- The Eagles tied the game in the bottom of the sixth when they posted two runs on the board.
- The Eagles then took the lead in the bottom of the eighth when they recorded three runs.
- The Spartans were unable to top the Eagles and were defeated 6-3.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Ehrhard went 3-5 with one RBI
Tampa returns to action on Friday, April 27th, as they travel to Winter Park to take on the Rollins College Tars.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.