TAMPA, Fla. - The University of Tampa baseball team defeated the Saint Leo Lions in game one of the three game conference series.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP:
Final: #10 Tampa 5, #16 Saint Leo 3
Records: Tampa (17-5), Saint Leo (19-3)
Location: UT Baseball Field | Tampa, Fla.
All-time Series: Tampa leads the all-time series record over Saint Leo at 9-1.
Follow Us: @TampaSpartans on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Vimeo
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lions were the first to score in the top of the second.
- Bottom of the second the Spartans battled back with a run. Danny Sirven scored off a RBI from Nick DeTringo.
- The Spartans took the lead 5-1 at the bottom of the third. Drew Ehrhard scored off a RBI from Connor Crile. Sirven reached on a fielder's choice, RBI, advanced to second; Harrison Bragg advanced to second on a throwing error by third base, scored; Crile scored; Darren Miller scored.
- Top of the eighth Cheyne Bickel relieved pitcher David Lebron. Saint Leo homered.
- Top of the ninth Mark Moclair relievd pitcher Bickel. The Lions scored the last run of the game.
- Tampa won 5-3.
INSIDE THE STATS:
- Lebron had his fourth win of the season. Moclair had his third save of the season.
- Pitchers tallied fourteen strikeouts. Lebron led the Spartans in strikeouts with eleven.
- DeTringo led the Spartans in hits with three.
- Ehrhard, Miller, Bragg, Sirven and Crile each had one run each for the Spartans.
Tampa returns to action on Saturday, March 17th, at 1:00PM for a double header against #16 Saint Leo.
TAMPA SPARTANS MOBILE APP:
A free app is also available for free download through Apple and Google Play stores. Please search for Tampa Spartans Front Row.